This 1979 Lotus Esprit Series 2, stunning in Calypso Red with Gold trim, is up for sale in New South Wales through a member of the Club.
The car’s a 1979 Lotus Esprit Series 2 in Calypso Red with Gold trim. Under the hood is a two-litre 907 naturally aspirated, twin overhead cam engine producing
This car is for the absolute driving enthusiast. The Esprit S2 delivers the ultimate driving experience, from exhilarating performance, superior road handling – won by Lotus through seven Fomula 1 World Constructors’ Championships – to stunning looks by Italian supercar designer Georgette Giugiaro. Every aspect of this race-bred machine was built to go fast.
The car was imported from the United Kingdom in 2003, engineering certified and inducted into a meticulous restoration journey. Central to the car’s journey
has been Steve Taylor at Lotus Marques, who has provided extensive technical support and advice. Below is a summary of the restoration:
- Rebuilt engine with new pistons, rings and cylinder liners (engine has done less than 5000 kilometers since)
- New Lotus head, valves and double-set springs
- Refurbished brake calipers, new pistons, brake lines and disks
- Incorporation of all Lotus service bulletins
- Restored leather interior, new headlining, cockpit lining and new fitted carpets – dashboard is original marcasite
- Complete body restoration – fully stripped and painted with showroom quality two pack paint, new trim and new door seals
- New timing belt, water pump and fuel pump
- Workshop manual
- Safety Certificate
An extensive file-record of all tasks, costs and receipts is available. Interest is invited from serious and genuine buyers. Car viewing will be by appointment only – so get in very quick to own a piece of British motor-racing history.