Catch up on all the news in Western Australia thanks to this latest edition of Quokka Talk, by Eddie Lankhorst.
By Eddie Lankhorst
February is proving to be a busy month in WA.
To start the month off, we had the first round of our Sprint Championship, hosted by the Triumph Sports Owners Assoc. We saw Doug’s super ballistic Evora being a tough car to beat, with his imported Lotus motorsport engine, strengthened gearbox, and huge TVS1900 supercharger. Then there are close contenders Steve and Richard in their BOE supercharged Elise rockets.
The results for the night are: Doug 1:04:93, Steve 1:06:29, Richard 1:08:11, Kevin 1:09:69, Mark 1:10:23, Graeme, 1:10:47 and Eddie 1:12:57. A very well run event by TSOA.
Round two was held on Sat 18th Feb at Barbagallo raceway, hosted by Speed Event Series. Results will be advised soon.
Monday’s BOAB Meet n Eat is always a very family (of Lotus) affair, lots of laughs, banter, friendships and sometimes not so good food. Our last BOAB saw nine cars and surpisingly good food from Little Creatures Brewery in Freo.
If you missed us in February, please make sure you don’t miss out in March or April by updating your diary.
- Mon 6th Go Karting at Cockburn (tbc)
- Mon 13th BOAB Meet n Eat 6pm
- Sun 19th Round 3 Sprint Championship at Collie (SES)
- Sun 26th EMR, Guildford 8am
- Mon 10th BOAB Meet n Eat 6pm
- Sun 16th EMR, Guildford 8am
- Fri 21st to Mon 24th Lotus 2017 Beechworth, Victoria
- Sat 29th Jacks Hill climb with SES