Lotus Cars Australia has announced the Lotus Tour at Targa High Country 2017, which will run as part of the 2017 Targa High Country Rally over the 10th to the 12th of November this year. Spaces in the tour are extremely limited, so if you’re interested get in touch with Richard at Lotus Cars Australia ASAP!
The Lotus Tour is a non-competitive category within Targa High Country that will see you driving the same route as the competition cars. It’s a chance to enjoy the atmosphere of the event and the astonishing winding roads that it takes in. The roads are closed to incoming traffic, and as long as you drive safely within the normal posted speed limits, you’re free to enjoy them in a spirited manner.
The tour is based in Mount Buller, and each day starts and finishes atop the mountain. You will travel in a group following a Lotus Tour Leader car and run ahead of the competition field each morning. In the evenings, the group will catch up over a social dinner with other Lotus Tour members as well as the Lotus competitors and crew.
The tour will run for five nights at a cost of $4,500 per car including GST. a 50% deposite is required to secure your space, with the balance payable by the 31st of August, 2017. Entry is limited to just 12 cars and spaces will be secured on a first come, first served basis.
To book, contact Richard at Lotus Cars AustraliaRichard at Lotus Cars Australia to register your interest.
Targa High Country was a highlight of 2016’s Lotus calendar, and we’re sure it will be again in 2017. Check out our coverage from last year here to get a feel for the event.
Read on for some further details thanks to Lotus Cars Australia.
What do you need?
- A road registered Lotus vehicle
- A navigator (or co-driver) willing to share the experience
- A first aid kit
- Reflective triangles
- Absorbent material for oils spills (e.g. kitty litter)
- A CAMS Level 2 non speed licence for both driver and navigator. Cost is $85 each. Licences are valid for 1 year so can be used at many motorsport related events and track days.
- Helmets, special race suits, harness, cages and other equipment usually associated with competition cars are not required. If your car is road worthy and registered, then it is eligible.
What is included?
- Event entry fees and levies for 1 car and two people to complete all stages of the event
- 5 nights twin share accommodation
- Vehicle support from Lotus Cars Australia technicians
- Lunch each day full day of competition for driver and co-driver
- A dedicated Lotus Tour leader and event guide
- 5 nights dinner package. Selected beverages included in 3 nights. Self purchase on the other 3 nights
- Road books for all stages of the event
- Competition lanyards and official invitation to compete
- Entry to the official welcome party for both driver and co-driver
- A set of Targa High Country vinyl door panels and number plates
- Finishers medallion for driver and co-driver (on completion of the event)
What isn’t included?
- Cost of getting to and from Mount Buller
- Vehicle transport. Many Owners do drive their vehicle there and back, although vehicle transport can also be arranged