This absolutely spectacular Lotus Elite 503 is up for sale through Scott, a United Kingdom-based friend of the club. The car is based in Wymondham, Norfolk, and international shipping can be arranged.
The car is fully restored using many hard-to-find bits, including recently-completed work on the interior that utilised factory materials which are no longer available. Read on for the full ad detailing the restoration and condition of the car.
1975 Lotus Elite 503
Built in 1974, but registered 1st January 1975, chassis number 74100378A is a lovely example of an early series one Elite 503 – the first of Colin Chapman’s all new third generation cars. Finished in Lotus Yellow, with beige corduroy and ambla, this car has been thoroughly restored to its original and correct specification and now presents beautifully, and drives exceptionally well too. The restoration commenced in 2008 and was completed in 2012 with the following works being carried out:
- A fully documented engine rebuild, photographed and detailed – these works were carried out by an ex-Lotus Team mechanic / factory engineer
- Full gearbox rebuild, with new shafts, bearings and seals. Rear diff rebuild with bearings and seals and gaskets
- Suspension and brake rebuild with new dampers, springs, discs, bearings, trunnions, new trailing arms, and driveshaft U/Js
- Original chassis blasted, salvaged and powder coated by Concept Fabrication in Wymondham
- Body restored and repainted in original Lotus Yellow
- Full and complete interior restoration from top to bottom by Nick Fulcher Coachtrimmers – last of the original old stock materials used (bills for the interior restoration alone total £10,800)
The car has covered 600 miles since being presented for its first MOT post restoration and is about to turn 45000 recorded miles. All handbooks are present, plus sales brochure, and history / build file and recent invoices for works in my ownership; the car has had new fluids, new belts, new PAS rack, coolant hoses, oil pressure pipe, exhaust hangers, and has had a full check over by GST Performance.
This represents a rare opportunity to own a period correct early Elite TYPE 75 with ALL the hard work having been done at a fraction of the price in reflection of what’s been invested in the car in time and money.
I’m open to sensible offers, and am only selling due to other Lotus commitments.
Viewing by appointment in Wymondham, Norfolk.
International shipping can be facilitated.