Friend of the club Brenton in Victoria is reluctantly selling his lovely 2006 Lotus Exige S. Read on for the details.
This particular Exige was purchased as a repairable insurance write-off. The damage to the vehicle was very minor and limited to a scratch across the rear clamshell, a missing passenger seat and driving lights.
Although the repairs have been relatively simple, the car has undergone extensive inspections under the VicRoads VIV process. This includes a full chassis inspection including a computerised metrology check (which it passed with flying colours) and a full verification of the SRS/airbag system.
I originally purchased the Exige to use as a track car (which never eventuated) and it has only travelled 913 Km since being completed. I need to sell it, as my wife recently purchased an Audi R8 and garage space has become limited. The car has many sensible modifications including:
- New big brake AP front setup with front calipers to rear, all with new slotted discs and Ferodo DS2500/3000 pads
- New road legal braided brake lines
- All new fluids and filters and Penrite racing brake fluid
- New Kuhmo V70A 205/45R16 and 235/40R17 tyres front and rear
- New front laminated, banded windscreen
- New replacement headlining
- New combination BWR Unikey with remote
- New extinguisher and passenger side mount
- Water cooled intercooler with front mount radiator and electric pump
- Extractors with high mount sports exhaust system
- Custom designed rear grill set to accommodate exhaust
- Reinforced rear toe link kit
- Carbon fibre panels including side scoops,front splitter and gear change tunnel
- New large capacity, baffled Moroso aluminium sump and electrically activated Moroso accumulator
The car drives brilliantly and will pass any inspection. The body work is pretty much unmarked apart from the odd stone chip and the wheels have no damage. The car will be supplied with a roadworthy and all receipts and inspection reports so that any potential purchaser can verify the history and modifications to the vehicle. The file is over 50 mm thick! I strongly believe that this will be an excellent purchase at the advertised price and that my loss will be somebody else’s gain.
Reaches 0-100 km/h in 4.3 seconds!. Only travelled 67,744 km.
It represents great value at $56,500. The car is located in Victoria.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Seth and he will put you in touch with Brenton.