Club Lotus Australia legend Mike Basquil is selling his stunning Metallic Gun Metal Grey 2001 S1 Lotus Exige. Read on for the details.
2001 S1 Lotus Exige For Sale
This 2001 S1 Lotus Exige was built and first registered (in England) in May 2001 Chassis No. ending in 80567. Imported from England in 2009 through Simply Sports Cars with 12756 miles, I’m the third owner.
The dash was replaced to meet Australian regulations and the vehicle now has now covered a further 77000km.
The Exige is in Metallic Gun Metal Grey with a Blue Alcantara interior and custom trim. This is a rare colour, and the car is one of only two made with this interior/exterior color combination.
Vehicle has been maintained well with oil changed every 5000km. Tuned by Neil Trama to improve drivability. Air Conditioning works. New Yokohama Ad07 tyres fitted. Paintwork has the amount of stone chips you expect from a car used as a touring vehicle as this is how it is used. Extensive file both photographic and paper to support history what is listed above is only part of the journey.
$95000, email Seth at [email protected] and he’ll put you in touch with Mike.
- Metallic Gun Metal Grey
- Blue Alcantara interior with custom trim
- Carbon air box
- Armor Fend stone chip protection film (front clam and rear side wheel well)
- Harness 5 point driver 4 point passenger
- Removable steering wheel
- Wheels repainted silver in 2010
- 190PS Lotus ECU upgrade
- 2ublar exhaust (24×8) with high flow cat
- Quick shift upgrade (tighter gear linkage)
- Short throw shifter
- Fire extinguisher (front of passenger seat)
After purchase the following maintenance and reliability improvements have been made.
- Piper vernier cam adjusters
- Emerald ECU fitted (car still has the original ECU fitted)
- Complete suspension refresh, wishbones powder coated with Quantum shocks fitted
- Pagid Blue brake pads
- Aluminum radiator
- Custom air conditioner evaporator box with new compressor, new air conditioning condenser radiator and fans renewed
- Laminova oil cooler fitted original oil cooler unit leaking and temperature/pressure gauge fitted
- Exhaust ceramic coated with extensive heat shielding and sound deadening added
- Baffled sump and clutch support bracket