The Special Olympics Australia Ride Festival is a fund raising initiative that gives people with an intellectual disability the experience of riding in a performance vehicle. Special Olympics Australia reached out to Club Lotus Australia and Simply Sports Cars to get involved by offering a ride in a Lotus to Special Olympic Athletes.
The event itself will be held on Sunday the 26th of November, 2017 and involve a drive from North Steyne Surf Club in Manly to Sydney Motorsport Park, where there will be a lap of honour as well as other festivities. The Dream Rides will run from 12pm to 5pm, with each marque allocated a one-hour slot.
Partners are welcome and will be offered transport from the Manly starting point to Sydney Motorsport Park. Drivers and partners will have access to the Hospitality VIP Grid Club throughout the day.
The money raised will be used to give more people with an intellectual disability the opportunity to participate in weekly sports. The most successful fundraiser in Team Lotus will lead the team for the drive and the highest overall fundraiser will be presented with a Soar & Roar trophy and lead the full field for the lap of honour. There will also be an award for the Ambassador’s Choice and Best Dressed Car.
Registration and fundraising are both open now. To register, please follow the following instructions:
- Go to your team’s page at https://www.mycause.com.au/page/153648/lotus
- Click ‘Join this team’ down the right side
- Complete your details with either email or Facebook
- Select ‘I am registering as a car driver’
- Complete the event questions
- Complete the registration (no payment is required)
- Share the Lotus Team page with your friends, family and professional networks to get off to a roaring start with your fundraising