CARnivale, Sydney’s annual celebration of all things automotive, is coming up with alarming speed. The event will be held on Australia Day, the 26th of January, at Parramatta Park. We’d love to be involved with a Club Lotus Australia display, and registration is open now.
The event at Parramatta Park is gaining significant steam and has been drawing better and better crowds each year. Organisers have been hard at work improving the experience and adding to the festival atmosphere. This year the event will include the signature display of classic vehicles as well as a hot air balloon display, the Parramatta BBQ Festival, family zone, the Hottest 100 Party in the Park, concert acts and a fireworks finale. Full details can be found at ausdayparramatta.com.au and www.australiaday.com.au.
CARnivale is looking for cars to display on the day, and have reached out to us to put together a Club Lotus Australia display. Cars must be over 30 years old, built before 31 December 1987, or be an identical model run-on. The closing date for entries is Friday the 17th of November, 2017.
To register, head to www.australiaday.com.au/carnivalerego
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- From 6am, vehicles will arrive at the convoy assembly area
- You must arrive at the time specified in your confirmation pack
- Enjoy a free breakfast, courtesy of the Rotary Club of Granville
- Leave the assembly area and drive to Parramatta Park
- Follow directions from marshals at all times
- Take your position in the CARnivale
- Ensure any flags and banners are attached securely to your vehicle
- Until 5pm, stay in your allocated position (for crowd safety reasons)
- After 5pm, you may leave under the direction of marshals and event security