CARnivale, the traditional Australia Day car show, will be held once again in Parramatta Park on Australia Day, the 26th of January, 2020. Each year Club Lotus Australia endeavours to organise
CARnivale, the traditional Australia Day car show, will be held once again in Parramatta Park on Australia Day, the 26th of January, 2020.
Each year Club Lotus Australia endeavours to organise a display of cars to show off our club and the marque we’re all so passionate about. Registration is handled individually, so if you’d like to be involved, head to www.discoverparramatta.com/form/carnivale for more details and to register your car. Send us an email at email@example.com if you’d like to attend so that we can organise our group.
The event includes the CARnivale display, as well as hot air balloons, music and a barbecue festival. It’s a relaxed opportunity to catch up after the holiday break while sharing a little of the love of Lotus with the world. More members in the display means more mates to spend the day with, so we’d love to see you there!
The events team at City of Parramatta Council is hard at work developing the event to make it more enjoyable for display participants, so read on for the official word from them to find out what they’re up to.
We’ll see you on Sunday the 26th of January, 2020.
Australia Day CARnivale 2020
The events team at the City of Parramatta Council has made some major changes in the arrangements for CARnivale 2020, to be held on Australia Day, Sunday, January 26th.
Organisers make the changes based on information gathered from entrants and visitors. Next year organisers will provide more shaded areas and allow car clubs to have tents to display memorabilia and to fly club flags on their vehicles. The day has also been shortened to allow entrants to leave from 3 pm. This time will be reviewed in the event of extreme heat.
This is a summary of the changes:
- Vehicles of all ages to be allowed to enter. (Cars under 30 years must be club members)
- Display time will be from 9 am to 3 pm.
- More shade areas provided and a large marquee to be placed in the centre of the parking area with food and drink stalls, chairs and a stage for entertainment.
- Clubs can have tents (no tent pegs – use sandbags or weights) but space must be requested by clubs when registering cars. The tents can be used to display and sell club memorabilia
- Vehicles can display club flags (using under-tyre stands)
- Vehicles to arrive between 6 and 9 am. Entry from Macquarie Street and Queens Road.
- Rotary breakfast will be in the main parking area (as in 2019) with medallion tent alongside
- Provision of a retail area for tents and vehicles for trade stands
- Best in Show voting by public using phone/tablet app. Prizes to be awarded.
In addition to CARnivale, other activities in the Park will include a hot air balloon display from 6am and a family zone with kids’ rides and other entertainment. There will be a shuttle bus from the Park to the Ferry Wharf, train station and shopping centre in the Parramatta CBD. The Australia Day celebrations end with a concert on the main stage in The Crescent followed by a fireworks spectacular at 9pm.
All Day (Sunday)
Corner Pitt and Macquarie Streets, Entrance Via Pitt Street, Parramatta NSW 2124