Club Lotus Australia legend Mike Basquil is selling his stunning Metallic Gun Metal Grey 2001 S1 Lotus Exige. Read on for the details.
Photos thanks to Paul Clark & Ellie Hamilton
Our Western Australian contingent went on Wild Goose chase back in July, enjoying an early morning run on Sunday the 21st.
We catch up with our friends in South Australia with the latest edition of SA Lotus Torque, recapping the July monthly run to Meadows and August’s run to McLaren Vale, thanks to Andrew Stevens.
The September edition of Chunky’s Chatter is available for download from the members’ page, and is an absolute bumper edition of the mag with thanks to editor Tom Devitt.
The September 2019 edition of the Chunky’s Chatter features:
- Lots of news and great days out from South Australia and Western Australia
- Myths and Legends returns with Jim Clark’s amazing 1967 Italian Grand Prix drive
- Photos from the Shannons Sydney Classic, where Club Lotus Australia was well represented
- A bumper set of classifieds
And much more! Enjoy Chunky’s lighthearted and sometimes irreverent monthly look at the world of Lotus.
If you’re not a member already, have a browse around the site and hit up our membership page here to find out why you should become one!
Cover photo by Sivan Heyns: Peter Rullo & James Marquet competing in the Make Smoking History Targa West in their brand new Lotus Exige Sport 410, sponsored by Autostrada Lotus of Perth
The September 2019 edition of Victoria and Queensland’s Lotus & Clubman Notes is on the way to Lotus Club Victoria and Lotus Club Queensland members, and is available to download from the members’ page.
September 2019’s Lotus Notes features:
- Make Smoking History Targa West
- CLA at the 2019 Shannons Sydney Classic
- Lotus Evija at The Quail
- Redbank Plains Mt. Alford Woodenbong Social Run
- CAMS 6 Hour Regularity at Phillip Island
- Historic Leyburn Sprints 2019
And much more!
The magazine is kindly provided to Club Lotus Australia by Lotus Club Victoria and Lotus Club Queensland in its digital form, and will as such require you to be logged in to your members account. Download it from our ‘Members‘ page.
If you’re not a member yet, hit this link to find out more about the club and why you should become one! To learn more about Lotus Club Victoria, hit this link to their website and for Queensland head to lotusclubqueensland.com.
Images courtesy of Gerard Brown
I’m back, and right back into things.
First up, we had a committee meeting last weekend to confirm our plans for the last few months of this year, including:
- The All British Day (contact Evan via [email protected] for tickets) on Sunday 15th September
- A decision to stay at the Kokoda Cafe for Tyre Kick – it seems to be very popular, with good coffee
- LOTS more motorsport events (including Targa GBR as I write this, and Targa High Country in early November, HSRCA Spring Festival at the end of September, the Alpine Classic in mid October, CSCA events and any manner of fun and games to get involved in on track and off
- Our Christmas Party on Sunday 8th December at the Commandment Rock picnic area in the Lane Cove National Park
- And if there’s enough interest, I’m planning an evening in November with Gidget to run through some of the many photographs and experiences we had on the Peking to Paris rally.
Further out, we are starting to plan the Lotus 2021 event. As many of you will know, the plan is to spend a week in Tasmania, enjoying the great food, amazing wines and, of course, the phenomenal roads. So much so that we have adopted the strapline for the event “The roads are the track”.
The plan is to be in Tasmania in the last week of February of 2021, and we will be sending out an expression of interest to see how many we might expect to join us. Watch this space!
Chez Roskill, the garage, is about to have a shuffle. The Eleven has to go off to Adam Doyle Smith in Queensland to repair the damage done en-route to Lotus 2019. The Elite is due to return in time for the HSRCA Spring Festival at the end of September, and Gidget comes off the boat next weekend and most likely comes home as soon as Giles can get her out of the port. So, there may be some congestion while I get them sorted out 🙂
Above and below you’ll see my favourite two photos from the Peking to Paris rally (courtesy of Gerard Brown). One from Mongolia, and the second on one of the Russian special stages – hopefully they capture some of the fun we had.
So as we charge headlong into spring, I hope to see you out on the road soon! In the meantime, keep it safe, upright and on the blackstuff.
This 2014/2015 Lotus Exige S V6 Roadster is up for sale through Stuart in Western Australia. Read on for the details.
Photo by Ellie Hamilton
Roads and Maritime Services is set to launch a newsletter for historic and classic car enthusiasts. Issue number one is due in September, and sign-up is available now.
This lovely 1989 Lotus Esprit Turbo is up for sale by a friend of the Club. Read on for the details.
What a cracking day! A cool start followed by the warmth of Sydney winter and slight whiff of “Eau De EC Rubbish Tip” in everyone’s nostrils meant that the full SMSP track was ready for an onslaught. It’s rare that access is granted to the ‘full’ circuit – with both North and South Circuits combined and the Lotus team were up for it.