The Western Australian sprint scene changed dramatically when the RAC Driver Training Centre closed its doors to all motorsport activities due to noise complaints. This has left our small community rocked, leaving us with only one local (heavily booked) racetrack to play on. There is a group fighting to reverse the closure but even then it will be some time before we hear more. As such our sprint championship has been abandoned and our calendar needing a change.
Another change to our calendar is our planned EMR to Tom Riley’s car collection which has now been rescheduled for the new year as Tom had other commitments on our planned date.
So our Calendar is:
- FibreGlassics car run Sunday 9th Oct 8am meet at Mean Machines, Morley
- Boab Meet n Eat Monday 10th Oct 6pm Kings Park
- EMR Sunday 16th October 8am meet at Guildford Railway car park
- British Auto Classic Sunday 30th Oct car display at ElCaballo Resort, Gt. Eastern Hwy. Wooroloo – contact Eddie 0414 431 589 for details.
- Boab Meet n Eat Monday 14th Nov 6pm Kings Park
- EMR Sunday 20th November 8am meet at Guildford Railway car park
- Christmas EMR and BBQ – Bullsbrook Sunday 4th December (details to follow)
- Barbagallo Speed Event Series Saturday 3rd December
Next year I also plan on including a weekend away to the Ferguson Valley region for a weekend of driving some brilliant roads. And don’t forget Lotus 2017 at Beechworth in Victoria, book your accommodation today so as not to miss all the action and fun.
Remember stay tuned for all local events via our facebook page “WA Lotus Group”. Look forward to meeting all Perth Lotus owners at our next event.